For people who upgraded from CCH Prosystem FX to CCH Axcess

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hi everybody,

I'm working from home right now and using CCH Prosystem FX has been a pain. Even with my high speed bandwith, I have problems with returns loading slow, the application constantly shutting down, etc. I believe this is due to the speed so I've been thinking about CCH Axcess.

I wanted to see how much people had paid for the upgrade. Was the conversion easy? I'm worried that if I do it now and the conversion takes long, it might cause headaches in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I use CCH Profx from home for many years now, never had an issue. I might suggest having a computer tech take a look at your PC and see if that's the issue. I think with any conversion there will be growing pains.

My understanding is that you will HAVE to migrate to Axcess or, at least, away from Prosystem Fx relatively soon. CCH is going to discontinue the Pfx software. I don't think they have a strict timeline on it, but it might be worth an overall evaluation of whether this is the best software for you.
I'm a big fan of Ultratax.
As mentioned above, any conversion is going to be a pain. May as well make sure you're landing in a better place for that hassle.
~Captcook

Have you heard any estimated time frame when FX will be discontinued?

Taxalmancer wrote:Have you heard any estimated time frame when FX will be discontinued?

Nothing specific, but the cynic in me says it will be sooner if fewer people actually convert to Axcess in a timely manner. A developer for CCH told me the platform on which FX is built is VERY old and not optimal, but I'm no tech guy.
~Captcook

it was old 15 years ago. My software clients used to come in and watch me on my second monitor 15 years ago and shake their heads about how bad a piece of software Pfx was.

But that was true for all of them to some extent.

Return to Business Operations and Development