Ageras marketing?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
fish  
Anybody use Ageras as a referral source? Wondering if it is worth it.

ATSMAN  
I don't have any dealings with Ageras but I have been approached by various "Accounting Marketing" companies and found the following:

1) They are simply brokers. They do not do any due diligence that is worth the paper. It is on you to do it all.

2) All you are getting is a name to call. And they want their cut!

I can do this all day and did not to long ago without paying a broker fee.

You are better of developing a network and centers of influence to refer you business. It is much better quality.

Beagle  
On our investment / financial planning side we have tried several of the referral companies like that. People online swear it works but my experience is that they almost never are serious about taking action. They are just kicking tires. Now having said this, taxes and bookkeeping have a deadline which pushes prospects to act - financial planning and investments are things people can ignore for a decade. On Friday night they'll read an article and get motivated and do a survey online but by Sunday brunch they are willing to ignore it another 5 years.

novacpa  
Starting a Tax Practice in Alexandria, Va now is problematic, Ole Town is a tourist mecca bereft by Covid closures, state controls, restaurants, hotels, caterers are all hurting - hard to make a good living from that sector. Plus the area is saturated with tax pros, of all kinds.
You'd be far better off to rethink your location, Hampton Roads area is choice and undeserved, mega Navy spending
going on - supply chain is rich with opportunity.

ATSMAN  
novacpa wrote:Starting a Tax Practice in Alexandria, Va now is problematic, Ole Town is a tourist mecca bereft by Covid closures, state controls, restaurants, hotels, caterers are all hurting - hard to make a good living from that sector. Plus the area is saturated with tax pros, of all kinds.
You'd be far better off to rethink your location, Hampton Roads area is choice and undeserved, mega Navy spending
going on - supply chain is rich with opportunity.

If walk-in traffic is the primary market then I agree. A client of mine started a small restaurant last summer. He was struggling even before COVID-19 hit our area, but now he can't pay his bills with take out orders. His wife informed me that he will be selling his business (basically kitchen equipment,there is no goodwill) after Labor day!

Return to Business Operations and Development