New Drake Hosted Platform

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
BFStax  
For those Drake Hosted users, how do you feel about the new hosted platform under Right Networks?

As I read through the overview and announcement I was extremely excited about this upgrade....until I read the price!

Currently they are charging one station $600 annually, which is being increased to $1,200!! Even with the 25% discount until April 2021, this is quite the increase.

I thought this may be worth it because I would able to start hosting my QB Desktop application allowing my employee and I to more easily share company files, but nope.. that hosting solution is going to cost another $57/month/user!

Sigh..

ATSMAN  
Lesson learned from the Drake Hosted outage earlier in the year. Make sure you take full advantage of the Drake Desktop Backup of your client files should you suffer another outage. At least with the Desktop version installed you could still process returns.

I would NOT trust 100% hosted applications without local storage of my client files as a backup.

BFStax  
ATSMAN wrote:Lesson learned from the Drake Hosted outage earlier in the year. Make sure you take full advantage of the Drake Desktop Backup of your client files should you suffer another outage. At least with the Desktop version installed you could still process returns.

I would NOT trust 100% hosted applications without local storage of my client files as a backup.

The outage last season was a disaster on their part and probably why they are upgrading to a better platform. But at double the cost to their customers? That's a hard pill to swallow.

ATSMAN  
T
he outage last season was a disaster on their part and probably why they are upgrading to a better platform. But at double the cost to their customers? That's a hard pill to swallow.

If you want the Hosted Platform, rather than local Networked option you will need to do some shopping around during off season if price is the critical factor.

I know Drake prices are about the same or even lower than other comparable platforms.

I believe Proseries is $159 a month per user.

Return to Business Operations and Development