.CPA Website Domain

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.

I view this like the .legal that now exists. I hate it and think clients also view it as potential spam or fraud. Clients are not used to it, and I do not feel it provides any additional prestige or anything else. Realistically, it only exists because we have maxed out domains using .com and .net.

I may end up doing it, eventually, but right now have PRIME names under .com for what I want concerning my business in multiple states.

sjrcpa  
When .pro first came out we used it. Turns out a lot of email systems didn't recognize it. We didn't keep it for long. I wonder if .cpa will have that problem.

Agree with above. Let's see if this takes off before I make any changes to my website.
I deal with enough spam filter issues with my email as it is, let alone adding a new unknown domain to the mix.

Taxaway  
You could register the domain name for very little cost for a few years, no requirement you need to host a website under the name. Especially if you have a .com name, you can redirect any traffic and create an alias email to your main website/email, maybe provide some protection to your brand name.

Apologies, Taxaway, I must disagree on all counts:
1. $225, is rather expensive for a domain name, unless you are a multi-national corporation or Top 200 firm (My opinion).
2. The Usage Requirements are as follows:
a. "Website redirect primary website to .cpa domain within one month of purchase."
b. "Primary website domain for your firm within one year (not a redirect to another URL)."
c. "Email integration used in your firm's email platform within one year."

That's really disappointing to see. Unfortunately giving up the .com would make it more likely for clients to screw up finding me or sending me an e-mail.

It would be great if we could use it to supplement our normal presence but, for me, not under those usage requirements.

I'm already being bombarded about the .cpa domain. Zero plans, sounds like a fantastic way to screw up my efficient e-mail communications and confuse existing and new clients.

Taxaway  
TaxKeeper wrote:Apologies, Taxaway, I must disagree on all counts:
1. $225, is rather expensive for a domain name, unless you are a multi-national corporation or Top 200 firm (My opinion).
2. The Usage Requirements are as follows:
a. "Website redirect primary website to .cpa domain within one month of purchase."
b. "Primary website domain for your firm within one year (not a redirect to another URL)."
c. "Email integration used in your firm's email platform within one year."

I definitely agree in this case. Just looked into it, and apparently the .cpa domain is not under the regulations of ICANN as other domains are. ("The American Institute of CPAs is in the process of being awarded the .cpa domain.")

I'll stick with my .com, .net, .org and be satisfied! :D

Return to Business Operations and Development