Alingable

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Does anyone have any experience with Alignable? A couple of months ago, I got an invitation ostensibly from an accountant I work with here and there. This morning, I got the same e-mail on behalf of a good client. Reviews online are not terribly complimentary. It seems they scrape you address book for more invitations, which doesn't sit well with me in our line of work. Does anyone have any true success stories?

My gut reaction is to e-mail the client to thank him for thinking of me and stating that Alignable's terms & conditions make it difficult for me to sign up.

ATSMAN  
A client of mine also e-mailed me an invite and I rejected it after looking at it. Basically it is a small business networking site similar to Linked in for professionals. They will go through your contact list and try to match with other subscribers where their algorithm deems a fit may exist.

It may be good if you were selling products or personal services BUT IMHO I am NOT going to expose my client list to online networking sites.

Also I routinely reject invitation from Google for the same reason.

No way I would sign up after reading the reviews.

They spam your contacts for more customers it seems, and make it appear that the emails are coming from you.

At best, it would be embarrassing and annoying. At worst, your clients may think you're selling their data, or that your data security has been compromised.

ATSMAN  
They spam your contacts for more customers it seems, and make it appear that the emails are coming from you.

If they make a spam appear that it was sent from your e-mail address and not theirs then I would report that to the authorities because it may borderline on identity theft IMHO.

I think it arrives in your inbox as an invitation from XXXX, not so much appearing as if it were sent by XXXX, but it does seem to imply that XXX personally invited you.
I have received many of these invites, and assumed people were signing up and not unchecking the box that said to contact all emails in my address book.
-
No thanks, pass on all that.
I never ever wrote to the client as I suspected they had no idea the invite was sent. (No one reads anything they agree to anymore.)

Thanks, all, for the helpful responses. I am inclined to write to this client, because he is a good client. he may not know that happened and he may want to do something about it.

I have not attempted to set up an account but I suspect they are staying on the right side of a very thin line. However, the number of complaints about difficulty in opting out of them getting access to your contacts causes me some concern and I will not be setting up an account.

novacpa  
An Attorney - I do a fair amount of business with - put the arm on me to join his group.
It's a total waste of time and I get several emails daily about how my group has grown.
I will be opting out soon.

Return to Business Operations and Development