Its CE time again

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hello colleagues

Hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving. We did!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend live or recorded EA CPE that is:

* interesting
* useful
* not terribly pricey

Thanks in advance,
Deb :D

Webster  
So far I have used cpaacademy.org and recently some from my-cpe.com . Both have quite a few free options. Typically I round out the year with two or three days of in person seminars, but not this year. Sometime I want to purchase an annual subscription to one of the big names and go more in depth on some subjects.

OR_Tax  
You might look at the websites for

Checkpoint Learning
Surgent CPE
Tax Speaker
Western CPE

I would also think your local tax associations would be a good source.

So far I use GlobalCPE, MasterCPE (all self-study), and CPAAcademy. CPAAcademy sometimes has good courses, especially intros, or if you are curious about some software, for example. But, I have certainly had some excellent courses (mostly free, some paid). GlobalCPE can be nice because of the OnDemand Webinars that count as live CPE, plus actual live CPE, plus self-study. GlobalCPE isn't cheap at listed prices; I locked in a steeply discounted price a few years ago for unlimited live/OnDemand/self-study that is less than half of normal rate, and I refuse to renew unless they honor it year-over-year.

I occasionally buy a single CPE elsewhere, but the packages at companies listed by OR_Tax are too expensive for my blood, and the presenters tend to put the same content across various platforms.

I use MasterCPE or GlobalCPE to exhaust out my 20 hours of self-study before I start hitting too many hours of live, and then I am mostly using GlobalCPE and CPAAcademy. My state does not allow self-study hours to be carried over, whereas I can carry over up to 20 hours of live CPE. I try to carry forward about 12 hours each year just to reduce my burden the subsequent year, if necessary.

My favorite courses are from Art Werner/Anthony Rocca and Bradley Burnett. They tend to do a nice job of an introduction, and then diving into details of what they feel is most important. Other presenters are so boring I have literally fallen asleep and lost the credit unless I retake the course.

Return to Business Operations and Development