Rubber Stamp Signatures

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Last year, I signed all my Organizer letters and engagement letters by hand. I am thinking about using a signature stamp this year. Any thoughts on (a) whether this is even necessary and, if so (b) what sort of image a stamped signature puts forth? My client base skews elderly and, for now, old-fashioned.

I use a signature stamp as much as possible when a "wet ink" signature is required. My signature has gotten so sloppy that the signature stamp is the only resemblance to my actual signature, these days, since I never write by hand. I have actually thought about writing letters over and over again, including cursive, to regain my clean handwriting. It is doctor chicken scratch at this point.

Otherwise, I have a digital signature I use on letterhead and use DocuSign for other things.

I try to practice hand-writing occasionally. The letters are fine, but putting together a word is getting more and more difficult. I dread sending Christmas cards.

When I searched before posting, I was surprised to see a Notice from 2004 that permits signature stamps on amended returns. I had no clue. I was always taught it had to be a hand-written original signature. Ah well, you live and learn.

Signature stamps are legal, wet-ink signatures. Look up definition of a legal signature and a stamp qualifies.

Some agencies, companies, and individuals like to create their own definition of a signature. Legally, it can ALMOST be a dot or a straight line. In fact, in some cases, a smiley face qualifies as a legal signature if it is what you routinely use.

Return to Business Operations and Development