Looking for input on my postcard mailer...

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Below is that language I was considering adding to our annual postcard that goes out to all of our clients. I would appreciate any thoughts or improvements. Feel free to borrow for any of your client communications.

POSTCARD LANGUAGE

2020 was a crazy and challenging year. We hope that you and your family are doing well.

We will be here for your families and businesses this tax season in the same location that we have been for the last 30+ years. We look forward to serving you. There have been so many tax changes that it is impossible to list them all here on our postcard. Here are the most important things to provide to us:

1.      Changes in filing status and dependents.
2.      Changes to address, phone, and email address
3.      Total of your stimulus payments received (EIP#1Summer2020 EIP#2 Dec/Jan2021)

Our 2021 COVID POLICY

For your safety, we are urging our customers to utilize our remote tax services this year. We offer drop off service, curbside service (we do the return while you wait in your vehicle), and electronic portal service. Our document portal is a brand new way to securely send us documents. You can find our portal at https://knobcreekcpa.com/ in the upper right-hand corner. In-office drop offs and online portal uploads are welcome anytime. To schedule curbside service, call and make an appointment as you normally would.

We will still do face-to-face appointments. But remember that our office is SMALL and perfect social distancing will not be possible most of the time. We are doing our best to fight COVID-19 including extra cleaning and the purchase of four HEPA air filters. For this reason, if you have even the slightest concerns regarding COVID-19, please allow us to provide you excellent service using one of the options in the preceding paragraph. Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting Professional Tax Service you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

Finally, some of our employees have older spouses or parents that they take care of. Please, if you are not feeling 100% well, reschedule your appointment. We will completely understand and work with you to find a better time.

Thank you for your loyalty and please remember all of our local small businesses that are struggling right now. Try to patronize them as much as possible. 

Professional Tax Service 423-282-0000 ptsfakeemail@fake.com
(signed by me, CPA)

You really want to commit to curbside tax prep?

CornerstoneCPA wrote:You really want to commit to curbside tax prep?

It's a valid point, but 75% of our returns historically have been face to face. We have at least 50% that are not good with tech - older, retiree population. I think we have to offer it to please this age group that is old school plus very COVID concerned. Plus I think it will be actually more efficient than drop off because info collection, prep, review, and getting paid will all happen at the same time.

Is this going out to attract new clients or only to existing clients?

southparkcpa wrote:Is this going out to attract new clients or only to existing clients?

Existing clients... we send out a "reminder" to get an appointment postcard every January. I have one preparer whose calendar is completely booked through 4/15 by 2/15.

sjrcpa  
You can fit all of that on a postcard?

HowardS  
My postcard says

It's Tax Time!
Call me.
Name and phone number
Retired, no salvage value.

Return to Business Operations and Development