Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Smat Vault and Doc U Sign
Post a reply

4-Jan-2021 5:06pm

I am using Smart Vault and have several clients signed into it. Since I have moved and will now need to have electronic signing capability, I was looking at Doc U Sign as a solution. I can connect it to Smart Vault, but do I have to connect it? Several clients have indicated they are uncomfortable with it and chose not to sign into it. Could I just use the Doc U Sign account independent of Smart Vault in that case?

5-Jan-2021 12:19pm

It can be used separately from SmartVault, but you acquire the envelopes/KBAs via SmartVault when connected. SmartVault just makes it simpler because the signed documents will be returned to the DMS automatically once everyone has signed, vs. having to log into DocuSign to retrieve or rely on e-mail attachments of the completed envelopes.

27-Jan-2021 6:41pm

Cornerstone, when you are sending a tax return to a client and need to have the 8879 returned to you, what do you actually send to the client?

28-Jan-2021 11:08am

I send them an e-mail with links to documents in SmartVault for their review and records, indicating eFile forms need to be signed via DocuSign, and to look for the DocuSign e-mail. I upload the 8879/other eFile forms to SmartVault (I have an eFile forms folder), but do not include a link to them in the e-mail I send. I use the "get signature" option which opens up DocuSign, I set it for KBA, and mark where it needs to be signed/dated. Once they complete, I have DocuSign set where it sends it to me for my review and final signature/date.

20-Feb-2021 9:10am

Yesterday I sent a set of documents for a client and spouse to sign via Docu Sign with SmartVault. They did receive the first set so I re-sent them. Now it doesn't look like they received the second set since I don't have the notification in my e-mail. Any suggestions? Has that happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do about it? I've sent other documents to this client via docu sign without a problem and I sent another set to a different client this week without a problem

22-Feb-2021 10:24am

You're saying DocuSign did not send it? Does it appear in your documents awaiting signature? Did you verify e-mail address and that it is not going to spam/junk?

Also, FYI, there is a known problem with fully executed DocuSign envelopes that utilize a template not being returned to SmartVault, automatically, after all parties have signed. This popped up a few weeks ago and SmartVault only acknowledged last week that it is a common problem they are working to resolve.
Post a reply