Newsletters and business updates

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
My practice is pretty new. Still trying to build a client base. I wanted to ask you all what services to you use to stay relevant and up to date with all the changes in tax laws, business news? Shouldn't there be some sort of subscription or newsletter you all use? Appreciate if you could share how you stay updated.

Do you have a subscription to tax research software? CCH and RIA send out update emails every morning. You might have to set it up initially.

ATSMAN  
When my practice was new I did e-mail and pony mail newsletters each quarter to my new clients. Later on I pared it back a little on a semi-annual and as needed basis based on feedback. Clients could always get the latest tax news on the website.

Now there is a wide choice of content providers that was already posted.

Adding:

Attending local CPA/EA chapter meetings is a great way to not isolate yourself. I learn something at every meeting I attend.

Read Tax Pro Talk. Help posters with their answers, even if it means researching. I try to do a couple of these per week - really keeps me on my toes about things I haven't considered.

I send out updates to specific clients based on things I think are important, but nothing on a routine basis. We did newsletters at a prior firm and no one really ever read them. That said, I do subscribe to Parker Tax, TheTaxBook, and Bradford Tax Intitute. They each give me critical information and generally have client letter templates I can use or modify.

CP Hay  
I would like to resuscitate this thread. I'm considering adding a newsletter to my practice. However, I'm not sure what's out there. Are there newsletter providers or do you have to manufacture all of the content? Also, if you wanted to outsource the entire production and emailing of the newsletter, what's a reasonable cost for that?

I'm considering this too
I feel like there is so much free content out there that no one should pay for content.
The thing to pay for is an efficient delivery platform, buti haven't researched this yet
~Captcook

CathysTaxes  
I occasionally would take information sent to me in an IRS email and post it on a private social media group or mass email. If done sporadically, clients appreciate it.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

We use send it blue for our newsletter. We also use Zapier to automatically add news customers from QBO to this platform. As of content, this is where you will either have to write it yourself or pay a marketing professional. We pay ours $175 an hour, and expect a blog post to be around$300 to $500. It will pay for itself and get your good SEO to your website. Here is send it blue: https://www.sendinblue.com/pricing/ and here is zapier: https://zapier.com/pricing

Return to Business Operations and Development