Proseies and Windows XP

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Jake  
The documentation with the Proseries and Proseries Basic states that Windows XP is no longer supported. I switched to Proseries Basic this year from regular Proseries as I am semi-retired and only doing a coulpe dozen returns). However I noticed that Intuit's TurboTax box says it can be used with XP. I called support and they told me I could operated Proseries Basic with my current Windows XP operating system. I am probably the only Ludite here still using XP but thought I'd ask if anyone else has experience with using Proseries 2014 with XP.

Microsoft does not support XP; could that be what they mean?

What D&T says it true. But my take is that these new programs (regular Proseries/Lacerte) won't work on XP. However, if they're telling you that you can run Basic on XP, then you should be fine.

Jake  
My concern was whether getting accurate phone advice from Intuit by phone was akin to accurate getting tax advice from the IRS by phone - a crap shoot.

You have a couple of dozen returns. Would it be more cost-effective to use Intuit Tax Online? Of course, you have to be comfortable with the idea of storing your data on Intuit's servers. However, as long as you have a web browser, it will work.

Return to Business Operations and Development