Referral needed - IRS resolution issues

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Wiles  
Does anybody have a good referral to deal with IRS resolution issues? We used to have a great former IRS revenue officer that did this work, but he died a few years ago.

This is what we received from a new 1040 client:

I need your help to resolve my outstanding balance with the IRS. My tax preparer of five years made a mistake and didn’t accurately report my income. As a result they audited my file for the last ten years and as a result my husband and I owe over $100,000 in taxes. Money we don’t have. And I went to get a HELOC and they tell me the IRS filed a lien against my home. I understand we can file a form 911 to request a 30 day removal of the lien so I can get the loan. Is that something you can help me with? If not, direct me to someone who can. I can’t continue for this to be hanging over our head, especially if we did everything right and we are being held accountable for someone else mistakes. My husband is disabled and no longer working and I am the only one working for a family of 4 and one child in college and one about to go to college starting this fall.

We stopped dipping our toes in this kind of work 10 years ago. It is a time suck and our resources are better spent elsewhere.

HowardS  
Retired, no salvage value.

Wiles  
Thanks

Return to Business Operations and Development