Deadline Guidance

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Apparently Drake is waiting on the IRS to release official guidance before they update 1040 due dates in the system, as well as direct debit dates.

I have a few returns and a few extensions in a pile that are waiting on this update. More are piling up. I'd like to get them filed and billed out.

The IRS has been taking their sweet time. Tomorrow will be one week since their news release in which they claimed official guidance was coming soon. Any updates out there?

I thought I had read an e-mail from Drake saying they expect March 31st for all the updates, but I cannot find it now.

I'm still waiting for UT to release updates for the UI changes, as well as the deadline change.
Currently, if people owe little or no money, they get a debit date of 4/15 and out the door it goes.
If they owe enough that it would make a difference, they go in the pile to wait... the ever growing pile of waiting returns.

Tough year for accountants.

ATSMAN  
Don't wait for the prep software to change the due date and make a huge pile of pending returns. This is how I have been operating. I will finish the return if it can be e-filed and then if it is a balance due I prepare the 1040-V and cross off 4/15 and print 5/17. If taxpayers wants direct debit they can do it on Direct Payments. If tax payer wants direct debit on or before 4/15 (rarely) , I can handle in my software.

Last tax season did I have a mess when they extended to 7/15 and many wanted to cancel the direct debit on 4/15.

Return to Business Operations and Development