Lacerte posted an update

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Kris S  
Lacerte just put out an update but I don't see what it fixes. I check every morning and this was not available earlier.

Does not solve the May 15 due date or the health insurance subsidy.

It might help somebody.

ATSMAN  
I am not a Lacerte user so I can't comment on what they do BUT typically all the professional tax prep software that I have ever used will list on their website in a knowledge base or a report what each patch fixes and the forms that it impacts. Each day when I update my software I print that report and study it hard and then make "cheat" sheets so that I can quickly reference what changed. It has helped me a lot of aggravation over the years.

Joan TB  
Closest I can tell, they were letting us know the Unemployment Compensation status for the states. A few states are expected to be updated by 3/30/2021, but most of the states are not even on the list yet. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/state-unemployment-releases/00/148702

I also found a state-by-state listing of the state due dates. Hawaii still shows as not determined, but I found that Hawaii said they are NOT changing, so HI state tax returns remain due on 4/20/21. It looks like most states have matched 5/17/2021.

Here is what they say about the unemployment compensation issue for CA, MN, VA:

State treatment
California

California doesn’t tax unemployment income, so it’s already included as a subtraction on the Schedule CA. The amount of UCE claimed on the federal Schedule 1 is now included as an addition on the Schedule CA to avoid double-dipping.

Minnesota

Minnesota taxes unemployment income, and doesn’t conform to the new provision, so the amount of UCE claimed on the federal Schedule 1 is added back as an addition on M1NC.

Virginia

Virginia doesn’t tax unemployment income, but the state income calculation starts from the federal AGI. For this reason, the unemployment subtraction (code 37) will be reduced by the amount of UCE claimed on the federal Schedule 1.

Return to Business Operations and Development