Ultratax Automatically Recalculating Upon Printing

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Question for those who use Ultratax: Is there a way to reprint the return without recalculating the numbers on the return?

For example, client with unemployment had a 1040 that was completed a month ago and a hard copy of return was desired at time. Now client wants an Onvio portal copy of the return, but that return is showing up different than what was filed due to tax software no longer calculating unemployment as taxable income.

I'm hoping there is an Ultratax feature that I'm just overlooking. Otherwise, it seems like a major problem with the software if filed returns auto-calculate.

Cannot speak to UT specifically, but within Intuit software there is a "Lock" return feature, that you must activate once filed so that retroactive changes do not filter to already filed returns. I would hope something similar exists for other software...if not, hopefully, you saved a PDF copy?

If you use file cabinet, the old version of the return would be stored there. The software automatically updates to the latest version, based on applicable tax law.
You could force it by removing the uce and -10,200.

Thanks for the ideas. We fortunately do save a preparer copy in PDF, but it's painful to manually delete pages that don't need to go back to the client like diagnostics, etc. I talked to Ultratax support as well and I'm surprised Ultratax doesn't have a similar lock feature like Lacerte. Makes amended returns trickier too since the software may not reflect what was actually filed.

Under the Fed and state windows on the right side, you might have another one that says Drawer.
I believe this retains a copy of the tax return, even if you don't pay for and use the e-file cabinet program they offer.
You'll probably find the return in here? But it would be the full preparer copy.

File Cabinet is a great add on utility for UT.
The first year software cost is a kick, but if you talk to your sales rep they might negotiate down the first year fee.
The yearly renewal is much easier to swallow.

Return to Business Operations and Development