Great continuing education

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Frankly  
Our own Kevin Huston will be presenting at the California Society of Enrolled Agents Super Seminar in Reno at the end of the month. He'll be covering rental properties and ethics. http://superseminar.org/speakers/

For those of you who want to get some free CPE (yes, free), I am going to be doing a CPE 2-day "blitz" in Las Vegas, probably sometime in September. My videographer is located there.

The catch is that the class will be video-recorded, so anyone that attends will have to sign a model release. We are going to use the CPE for our new website (which isn't live yet). I'm hoping to do 16 hours of instruction (2 hours of ethics), so we could get the yearly minimum done. If any of you are interested and live nearby. Not very exciting, I know, but the price certainly can't be beat. Only counts for EAs right now-- I wish there was an easy way to make the classes qualify for CPAs and attorneys, but as a CPE provider, I haven't jumped through all those hoops yet.

makbo  
Tax_Writer, how do we get more info on this? (dates, topics). I might want to attend, I also saw a query on another discussion group from an EA who is looking for low-cost, instructor-led, out-of-state CE, would like to pass your info along.

I don't have the dates yet, sorry. Still waiting on the IRS to decide on what they are doing with the new "Annual Filing Season Certificate" program. They haven't released the specs to us yet, so I'm going to do the class based on RPO's feedback. The conference call was yesterday, and so far they want to go forward with it this year, but there's no final word on what they want from us in terms of providing CPE or an exam.

If any of you is looking for free CPE from the IRS, they do offer free CPE webinars, and there is one coming up soon that covers ethics with Karen Hawkins (not sure if it actually counts towards the 2 year ethics requirement, though it should).

You can sign up here for free: http://www.visualwebcaster.com/IRS/9908 ... p?id=99089

Just got to make sure you log in at the correct time.

Return to Business Operations and Development