MyCPE

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I get almost daily e-mails from Bob Willson at MyCPE. The courses seem to be awfully cheap. They are either $10 per hour or free. For anyone who has taken them, what is the catch?

Webster  
Generally sponsored, hit or miss quality, but worth trying a few. I often listen to them when work is slow. If the speaker is interesting, I stop and listen. If not, I do the attendance checks, get a refresher, and get a CE credit or two.

Sounds similar to CPAAcademy.org
Lots of free CPE/CE options for CPA or EA.
Some are worth the time to listen, some not so much.

The IRS pushes some classes through this site, those are usually worth watching just for the perspective.

Webster  
I should have mentioned very similar to CPAAcademy. Not always the best use of time, but "If it's free it's for me!".

CathysTaxes  
I've seen the same webinars on both providers. I've used them both.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Thanks for the responses. I almost unsubscribed but then I saw a few classes that I do not see anywhere else. I think I will be selective in choosing my classes. I am not a fan of advertising within CPE. Heck, I don't even watch live TV any more (except news and football) because the adverts spoil it. When you're brought up with TV that either has no adverts or is heavily restricted on how long they can be, this country is a bit of a culture shock.

Agree, similar to CPAAcademy. Some of the courses are worthwhile, others are nothing but sales pitches that I barely listen to only to meet the polling questions and to receive CPE credit. For meaningful courses, I use GlobalCPE and MasterCPE.

Beagle  
Does any one have "free to audit" courses? The IRS, some universities and several law firms will do free courses if you don't want the CPE.

I do a package as cheaply and quickly as possible in January to get it done for the year. Then I audit courses throughout the summer and fall for free.

Return to Business Operations and Development