Link to QB Pro Advisor Desk Top

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I went to the Intuit site to get information about becoming a QB Pro Advisor but it seemed seriously connected to both QB Online and QB Enterprise. I felt like signing up for anything was going to link me to either of those programs and I don't want either of them. Is there a link that is clearly and only for QB Pro?

I did the chat room thing but the Chatter person seemed to be a serious sales person and wanted more information on me than to provide the information I wanted. I don't really trust Intuit with this, I'm pretty sure they would rather have us out there using and promoting both of the online versions. I don't mind Enterprise all that much, at least it's the desktop version of the software, but Intuit charges so incredibly much, I don't want my clients sucked into it.

In my experience, which is limited, the QB Pro Advisor program gives you license and product codes for all QB software ranging from Accountant Desktop, to QB Online, to QB Mac and yes, even Enterprise.
You might have better luck calling them.

Call the ProAdvisor sales team. I last signed up in 2015 so I do not know what processes have changed, though I certainly see where they're pushing QB Online products. I still get a license for all versions of QBD and one for QBOA.

This is the so-called "dedicated ProAdvisor" sales number: (800) 458-3175

Intuit is currently reallllly pissing me off but I do not have an alternative to offer clients everything Intuit has, and there really are not viable alternatives to clients to use, anyway.

And once again I went back into the Intuit website with a determination to get more information from them and probably sign up for the Pro Advisor program. The program is so full of fluff and nothing, you can't get past all of the points and discounts and fluff to get to the core of the program and to be clear on what will be offered or what it will cost. Right now it looks like there is a monthly fee for the advisor program and an additional fee for payroll, which is basically what I've been doing for years. I tried to talk to someone on the phone at the "dedicated ProAdvisor" sales number, but ended up in hold hell. It feels like rather than offering me and my business something of value, they are going to take the role of a sales manager and if I perform the way they want, I will earn points and those points are going to do something but I'm not real sure what that is. I'll try one more time after we return from a little sojourn, but right now it feels like the program has changed a great deal. It might help if I trusted Intuit, but I really don't. Maybe that will change if I can speak to someone who isn't in India. My payroll subscription will renew in late July, so I still have a little time.

Correct, there is the base ProAdvisor fee that entitles you to their ProAdvisor Certifications (useless for anything but learning the software) and then the separate payroll fee for up to 50 companies using QBD. I am paying around $80/mo combined on single invoice.

Yes, they implemented that points system a while back, but they are changing the structure of discounts offered to ProAdvisors and ProAdvisor clients beginning July 15, and it fully phases in by September 15. Instead of 50% off retail rate for QBO subscriptions, for example, it will be 30% and any client with a subscription attached to your "wholesale account" is also entitled to 30% off retail rate, even if it is direct billing. The value, to me, has severely diminished but is really in having every version of QBD made available to me as part of the program.

The ProAdvisor call center used to be in Tucson, AZ. It is now spread out and last person I spoke with was in in Kentucky or Tennessee, but he was clearly American with no accent to battle. I cannot recall the last time I spoke with their sales team but I think I recall dealing with people in India that I simply could not understand, whereas support has remained within the U.S.

I was able to get through yesterday to the Pro Advisor sales people and they set everything up the way I thought it was going to work and the way it has been discussed here. So with my payroll subscription and the Pro Advisor program, I have the accountants version of desktop QB. The total annual cost is $800, so a hundred dollars more than the payroll subscription on its own and now each year the new version of QB Accountants version is included. That's a good deal since a few years ago one of my clients office manager purchased the accountants version instead of just QB Pro, that one was $800. Not sure how much it would be now. Anyway, I think I'm happy with this. Thanks for all the help.

Return to Business Operations and Development