Webinar attendance verification - Silent pop-ups

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Wiles  
Coming out of tax season, that means it's time for 2-day weekends and exercising again. It also means it's time to catch up on CE.

I signed up for a webinar yesterday through Checkpoint Learning. I was listening to it on my laptop while I was making breakfast and feeding the dogs. About an hour into the class, I noticed there had not yet been an attendance polling question.

I thought that was strange and was concerned I may have missed a couple. I scrolled through the slide show pdf document to see if I had missed one. Checkpoint Learning will tell you where in their presentation the polling questions are. I could not find a single slide, either before or after the current slide. I figured that, maybe, they decided to remove those slides from the pdf or maybe they forgot to put them in.

I continued to listen, this time very attentively, for another half hour. But, still no polling questions. Hmm... Something is wrong.

I went back to my Checkpoint Learning e-mail and found this:
Participants are required to actively participate throughout the webinar by responding to attendance verification pop-ups. When a pop-up appears on your screen click the I AM PRESENT button. The attendance verification pop-up will only be on your screen for one minute, and there is NO audible cue.

Oh great! How many of these have I already missed? Am I even going to get credit now. I quit the class.

Is this silent pop-up thing a new industry standard? Or is this just a Checkpoint thing?

Checkpoint Learning is moving to a new system that doesn't require the presenter to be involved in participation polling questions. I'm not a fan of the new system at all... I miss being able to call in to the webinar and if I needed to use the bathroom during the webinar I could still listen using my Bluetooth earbud.

They tend to issue pop-ups every 10 to 15 minutes. The longer that goes on, the more I get paranoid that I missed the pop-up to the point I think I learn less under the new system.

Wiles  
I always did think it was silly that the presenter would take a pause for 2 minutes to bring our attention to the polling question. But their system should still provide an audio ping each time the question appears. Having to stare at the screen for the entire presentation, makes me feel like I am in detention.

I have taken a few on-line courses that do the same thing. I think that you are only required to click on 75% in order to get credit for the ones I have taken. They are easy to miss, as lots of time I am reading through the material while they are teaching, and not paying attention to the screen.

I prefer the ones that "ping" as well!

JAD  
No ping = no attendance by me. The focus would totally change from actually learning something to making sure I didn't miss a roll call.

AlexCPA  
Below is a link to a simple auto-clicker program which will continuously click a pre-determined spot on your screen which SHOULD NOT be used by ANYONE for ANY purpose WHATSOEVER.

https://www.opautoclicker.com/
Even more of my antics may be found on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXDitB ... sMwfO19h7A

Return to Business Operations and Development