Windows 11

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
ATSMAN  
Anyone tried the Microsoft Windows 11 compatibility tool on their computers? I think it will be a free upgrade for those who pass the compatibility test :?:

AlexCPA  
Windows 98 = Good

Windows Me = Crap

Windows XP = Good

Windows Vista = Crap

Windows 7 = Good

Windows 8 = Crap

Windows 10 = Good

Windows 11 = ?

Are you ready and willing to roll the dice (or should I say "flip the coin")? :D
Even more of my antics may be found on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXDitB ... sMwfO19h7A

AlexCPA wrote:Windows 98 = Good

Windows Me = Crap

Windows XP = Good

Windows Vista = Crap

Windows 7 = Good

Windows 8 = Crap

Windows 10 = Good

Windows 11 = ?

Are you ready and willing to roll the dice (or should I say "flip the coin")? :D

I concur on this recap

Adding, I’m old enough to say Windows 3.1 pretty neat and new, but less efficient than DOS. Windows 95…I think we may have a future here.

ATSMAN  
From what I have read it is just a "pretty" version of Windows 10. I did not see any new functionality that I would need in my business, with the current software that I am using. What I am concerned about is Microsoft making a take it or leave it deal close to 2025 when support of Windows 10 is suppose to sunset.

I read that there were some backdoor ways to get Windows 10 free if you have a valid Windows 7 product key, but lately MS has started to crack down on those also.

I'll happily adopt a new operating system after it has a couple of years of being used and for software vendors to adapt to it. Same with buying brand new vehicle designs--want two years under the belt, first.

WBR  
Windows 11 requires all computers to have TPM 2.0. So, it’s more of a security update. Windows 11 is more like 10x but because of the updated requirements they decided to go with 11. Even if your computer fails the compatibility test check your bios to see if TPM 2.0 is turned off. If it is, turn it on and rerun the compatibility test.

Anyone on this site not running TPM 2.0 with HDD or SDD encryption across all of their computers is an idiot.

Frankly  
Duh - wha is TPM?

cp_acwt  

Coddington  
AlexCPA wrote:Windows 98 = Good

Windows Me = Crap

Windows XP = Good

Windows Vista = Crap

Windows 7 = Good

Windows 8 = Crap

Windows 10 = Good

Windows 11 = ?

I sorta agree.

Windows 3.11 was pretty good. Win95 OSR2 was good. Same thing with Win98SE. The first editions for both weren’t all that great. Based on that, I held off on XP until SP2. Since then I’ve used every version through 10 and never had major problems as long as I deactivated most of the advances and made it look like XP as much as possible. Knock on wood, but I have really great luck with computers, so it could just be luck.
-Brian

Director of Tax Accounting Methods & Credits
SourceAdvisors.com

Opinions my own.

Return to Business Operations and Development