UltraTax

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I'm trying to get into UT16 to make backups of everything and yet again, it is not allowing me access. It is giving message "User ____ does not have privileges to access this area of UltraTax CS." I am using an Admin account. An Admin account is set up in the TR Portal for software. It is not even getting me to the login screen (did that appear in 2016 or 2017?).

UT15, UT17, and UT18 open without issues. I cannot identify any file issues when comparing the overall structures.

There used to be support articles for this but it appears TR has kindly removed them. Anyone recall the solution? I do not have original backups from a few years ago to restore everything for UT16, only the data files, and I really prefer not having to uninstall, reinstall, and reconfigure. Like I said, I have experienced this many times before but since it has been so long, other than I do know the solution is very simple but I do not recall it being permission settings within Windows.

I now remember yet another reason I abandoned UT. I'm inclined to install LaCerte back to 2015 and convert only certain clients, and just rely on the PDF copies I have for everyone else. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I use UT but unfortunately I've never encountered this error. Very strange that 15 works.
I don't think the multi factor became a thing until 17 or 18, but I'm not 100%.

Have you tried updating licenses?
Wish I could offer more insight.

I cannot do anything with UT16. I do not need to right now (I'll just use LaCerte if I need to do any delinquent returns) but it is for backup purposes, and I cannot get into UT16 to do anything, including update license. Like I said, TR used to publish a resolution, I cannot find where I saved it because I encountered it frequently enough in my office and others that I knew it by heart, and I have since forgotten how to fix. Very annoying that I cannot find anything referencing this problem and I recall it being insanely easy.

But, I'm not going to waste my time with support to figure it out.

ATSMAN  
For what you guys pay for UT, I think you have a right to expect better performance :roll:

ATSMAN wrote:For what you guys pay for UT, I think you have a right to expect better performance :roll:

And development. Instead they invest in new products that alienate their customers. UT19 was 97% or so identical to UT02

I've had the error opening UT when they broke the code for the various home screens that loan by default.
I have the work arounds for that still in my office, which included the instructions to disable the home pages manually.

But I've never experience the user does not have access.
Sorry I can't help more.

cp_acwt  
I found this:
https://cs.thomsonreuters.com/ua/ut/cs_ ... -start.htm

I am wondering if disabling the home page in UT is what you are thinking of. Those instructions and other things to try are in the above link.

Return to Business Operations and Development