Accountants World Products

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Has anyone used any of their products, specifically payroll?

fish  
I use Payroll Relief. It's okay. I have no complaints. Support is quick.

How is their pricing? A flat amount or a monthly cost plus a per employee

They do have employee self service portals where they can view check stubs and W2s?

jesella  
We still use Payroll Relief for enough clients that it makes sense for us to take advantage of their Pay by Paycheck option - we pay an annual platform fee and than something like $1.50 per check issued, no monthly fees. It's been very economical for us as most of our clients have 1-3 employees. Yes, employees can retrieve their own paystubs and W-2s. I think the only problems we've really had have been with clients who have had a transaction bounce - getting the funds wired to PR immediately has been frustrating. Thankfully we've weeded out clients with serious cash flow issues. We use Gusto now for all new payroll clients just because we can't handle the quarterly filing workload crunch, so the higher fee is worth it.

TaxCut  
I've used it and it worked well.

Would use it again if I was starting a Payroll service again.

I found the fees reasonable and the program flexible to fit different clients with different needs.

I stopped because of what Jesella mentioned.

It's a real pain when clients don't have funds to cover and bounce transactions.

I didn't want to be liable if client decided not cover. Got to be a real pain. Know your client. Make sure your clients have stable cashflow and are not flakey or you'll have to cover.

So if I enter their checks and their payroll doesn’t have the money to cover the direct deposit they will want me to wire them the funds? Does it not just get scheduled through the bank or uploaded via a file?

fish  
TaxMan2020 wrote:How is their pricing? A flat amount or a monthly cost plus a per employee

They do have employee self service portals where they can view check stubs and W2s?

I think i paid $350 or so to have a one year subscription to the program. I get charged $10.95 per payroll - i only do 1 employee payrolls so i don't know if it would be more if there were more employees in any of those clients.

fish  
TaxMan2020 wrote:So if I enter their checks and their payroll doesn’t have the money to cover the direct deposit they will want me to wire them the funds? Does it not just get scheduled through the bank or uploaded via a file?

I don't know the actual process that would be used, but yes, if the client doesn't have sufficient funds in their account then i think i'm on the hook for the funds.

TaxCut  
TaxMan2020 wrote:So if I enter their checks and their payroll doesn’t have the money to cover the direct deposit they will want me to wire them the funds? Does it not just get scheduled through the bank or uploaded via a file?

You will have to contact your client and they will have to wire funds.

You are responsible if any payments are made to a tax agency that can't be recalled and client refuses to wire funds.

Know your client. You're basically vouching for them.

Return to Business Operations and Development