Intuit Online Payroll "Migration"

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
wel  
Is QB Enhanced Desktop Payroll for Accountants also going away?
We've been using this for several years to do payroll for a few dozen clients.

JR1  
Anyone use the Accountants World product?
Go Blackhawks! Go Pack Go!
Remembering our son, Ben Jan 22, 1992 to Aug 26, 2011.
For FB'ers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BenRoberts/

JR1  
Update: Final (I think) decision, going with the Accountants World product. For me, cost is $2500 LESS than iop!!! There is a conversion process, but frankly, even if it takes some time/work, it'll be worth it. ADP is going to come in with costs very close to iop....and I'm never sure how much I trust them, sad to say.

I used Accountant's World at another firm for a couple of years - just their Trial Balance module though. The one problem I had was that if you stayed on a page too long it timed out and you lost everything. I hope that is not the case with payroll because that would be a real pain in the neck. Otherwise, I liked their product, but it is too expensive for my client base.

JR1  
Well, not thrilled at all with Accountants World. What a convoluted conversion process....and funky website....on to Sure Payroll?

JR1 wrote:Well, not thrilled at all with Accountants World. What a convoluted conversion process....and funky website....on to Sure Payroll?

If you haven't looked at Patriot or Gusto, I would suggest doing so. I have two trusted accounting folks who like each of these.
~Captcook

The problem with Patriot and Gusto is that they compete for your clients (i.e. they service both retail clients and accounting professionals). They won't white-label their product, only co-brand it, meaning, your clients will know what service you are using, which may encourage your clients to leave at some point and go independent. Accountants World is the only one i have found so far that services exclusively accounting professionals, they don't sell retail. Plus their pricing is better than Patriot or Gusto. Which is why I very much want to believe in them, but I am hesitant due to a few negative reviews and general lack of feedback (I don't know anybody personally who is using them). I would like to get a better feel about their reliability. Good intentions mean squat if the product is unreliable.

I have zero worry about co-branding.
If my clients want to run payroll without my assistance, I will help them to do so.
Most are happy to work through whatever system works for them with my assistance.
~Captcook

JR1 wrote:Well, not thrilled at all with Accountants World. What a convoluted conversion process....and funky website....on to Sure Payroll?

I’ve got about 30 clients on Sure Payroll. Not many were converted. Mostly new clients and clients I converted as of 01/01/XX.

I would give it a 4 out of 5. It’s a 5 of 5 on simple payrolls. 3 out of 5 on more complex payrolls (like any 2 of: PTO, tips, 50+ employees, extensive benefits, etc.)

I wish we could be more flexible on editing withholdings on the fly, but it’s a rare problem.

JR1  
Sure is out. They drag the cash for both payday and taxes 4 days prior to paydate? Hard to believe, but that's what the rep said. So not digging that and most of my clients wouldn't either.

On to Patriot.

JR1 wrote:Sure is out. They drag the cash for both payday and taxes 4 days prior to paydate? Hard to believe, but that's what the rep said. So not digging that and most of my clients wouldn't either.

On to Patriot.

4 days? Not my experience. For example, our next payroll is Wednesday. We have to submit by Monday. Funds come out Tuesday for both payroll and taxes.

JR1  
Well, still, that includes the taxes. This is huge at year end when we're running bonuses and covering all the FIT...to have them out near Christmas instead of 1/15 is a big deal.

So I'm just on an elimination journey so far: NOT ADP, NOT Sure, NOT Accountants World....down to Patriot, who has not contacted me, Gusto, which I've not yet explored, or staying with Intuit BAH!!! and 5 chats have turned up 0 info. They just won't talk.

JAD  
I just watched the video that they sent to my email. What is the downside to doing the "migration"? The process looks easy. Go from Intuit Online Payroll to QB Online Payroll. It looks like the cost of my payroll would be reduced from $51 per month to $31.50 per month. Yes, I find it irritating that Intuit owns everything and that it engages in the blatant data sharing discussed in PFZ, but that is happening everywhere anyway. So again, why are we all jumping ship?

Everywhere? Nope. I use Payroll Mate and it does everything offline. Of course, I need another software for e-filing 941 etc, but I feel happier doing that than I do signing up to one of the big players. It’s cheaper as well.

JR1  
Jessica, do you have a link to that video? I'm seeing mostly very ticked off folks trying to migrate early for some reason and it's not going well. I thought it was supposed to be automatic? Now it seems that at the very least, we need to add our client list into QB online pr? So confused. And on the message replies, Intuit is saying they're charging 45/mo per client + $4 per check....but that's the retail price, so again confused.

Have tried chatting now 5 times and getting totally useless answers.

JAD  
Here is the link. Please let me know what you think. I don't plan on moving early.

https://www.firmofthefuture.com/content ... nce-video/

The lack of ability to reach a real person with knowledge is definitely a concern. At least as of the last time I tried, it was not possible.

JR1  
Thanks!!!!
I love that they start with two lies: One, there is no transition tab when I open iop. Whoops. And 2: Welcome to the new 'modern' way....huh? I thought iop was pretty darned modern and easy.

That said, it's quite helpful. First time I've seen the actual pricing to us. So....my cost per client doubles, there goes half my profit. When is it not worthwhile even messing with it? *smh*....

And yes, it looks automagic, so I don't understand why folks are having trouble.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS???????????????

So 31.50/ plus 3.40 per check (what a discount from $4!!) Yeah, my cost increases by nearly double.

And now finally seeing Patriot's pricing is much like Intuit's, so no advantage other than it not being Intuit. This just sucks.

JR1, what are you looking for? Integration with Quickbooks? Not fussy? Simple payrolls and straightforward reporting? Electronic filing of 941s etc? Something else?

JR1  
I don't integration....just simple and inexpensive like iop has been. Yes, I file all forms electro in iop other than a couple states that are primitive and require using their own websites....

Have you looked at CFS Tax Tools or Payroll Mate (Real Business Solutions)?

PreviousNext

Return to Business Operations and Development