any recommendations for tax update classes 2021

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Can anyone suggest good CPE classes for 2021 tax updates? Thank you!

This is difficult in the current situation. I suppose it depends on your delivery preference. In-person? Webinar? On-demand? Those who are good at in-person may not be so good at a webinar. If you are comfortable doing in-person, I have always felt NCPE offers excellent value for money. I haven't been to their seminars in about three years, though, as they no longer do a seminar in my area. The book is about 900 pages long and I still refer to older copies when I need a refresher on the practicalities. When I feel more comfortable being in crowds, I'll probably go back.

I did the Bob Jennings seminar on-demand last year and it was very fast-paced but he uses technology very well. There is no excuse for not knowing where you are in the book. His material was about 1,300 pages.

I did NATP locally. It was more basic than I would have liked. The audience was full of experience and the presenter delivered a basic presentation. She had the good sense to let the discussion flow and it ended up being a useful two days. It was a small class - maybe thirty. Too expensive, though. A different presenter, determined to "teach," would have made it not worth the money.

Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation (LGUTEF) puts together a book nationally for their seminars and then has an appropriate state insert. You get ten years worth of books on a DVD. It's relatively inexpensive. Again, a bit basic for me and the price brought in a wider range of practitioners, so some of the questions from the floor were very basic. I know I shouldn't complain. That was me fifteen years ago. You will definitely want to do the intermediate class if you do this. The Basic course says it all.

SumwunLost wrote:This is difficult in the current situation. I suppose it depends on your delivery preference. In-person? Webinar? On-demand? Those who are good at in-person may not be so good at a webinar. If you are comfortable doing in-person, I have always felt NCPE offers excellent value for money. I haven't been to their seminars in about three years, though, as they no longer do a seminar in my area. The book is about 900 pages long and I still refer to older copies when I need a refresher on the practicalities. When I feel more comfortable being in crowds, I'll probably go back.

I did the Bob Jennings seminar on-demand last year and it was very fast-paced but he uses technology very well. There is no excuse for not knowing where you are in the book. His material was about 1,300 pages.

I did NATP locally. It was more basic than I would have liked. The audience was full of experience and the presenter delivered a basic presentation. She had the good sense to let the discussion flow and it ended up being a useful two days. It was a small class - maybe thirty. Too expensive, though. A different presenter, determined to "teach," would have made it not worth the money.

Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation (LGUTEF) puts together a book nationally for their seminars and then has an appropriate state insert. You get ten years worth of books on a DVD. It's relatively inexpensive. Again, a bit basic for me and the price brought in a wider range of practitioners, so some of the questions from the floor were very basic. I know I shouldn't complain. That was me fifteen years ago. You will definitely want to do the intermediate class if you do this. The Basic course says it all.

Thank you for the detailed guidance! I am looking for virtual events.

The NATP does virtual events, I believe the cost of close to $500 for 2 days.
Hit or miss, depending on the presenter, and as stated, it can be a bit basic.

Clemson is offering two or three days of CPE on taxation. They do have one session focused exclusively on South Carolina, but the rest are Federal. I am virtually attending the one beginning November 30th.

https://www.clemson.edu/extension/taxschool/courses/income_tax_course/index.html

This is my first time attending the Clemson offering, so I have no idea of quality of content. Given the school, I expect it to be decent.

Return to Business Operations and Development