tracking one off deadlines

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
i don't find TR Practice so good for one off deadlines. I sb checking it first thing every day and it probably wb fine.

I do add some things to Outlook calendar and todo, but that's soso.

Maybe its not an app but a change in process that's needed.

Arf, arf.

That's an old dog trying to break old habit, learn new trick.

Hi we use our calendar as well. We put whole week or two in advance of the deadline. Make it an all day event so it does not crowd your calendar. Good luck.

ATSMAN  
Does your tax software have a calendar function with alerts? I use that on mine and it works great. I also export it out to Outlook so all can see upcoming deadlines. Just yesterday it alerted me to 2 extensions that are still waiting for some figures!

ATSMAN, nope. GSTax is not known for it's bells and whistles.

A have a master client list on a excel spreadsheet with several columns for all important information that I don't trust myself to remember, including billing.

One of the columns is "fiscal return due date" and the odd ones quickly stand out.

Frankly  
one off deadlines

I'm an old dog too which may explain confusion as to the meaning of newly discovered words and phrases frequently used nowadays. "One off", meaning one day before the deadline?

sjrcpa  
One off meaning unusual when compared to the rest of your returns. Such as the due date for a 706.

ItDepends wrote:A have a master client list on a excel spreadsheet with several columns for all important information that I don't trust myself to remember, including billing.

One of the columns is "fiscal return due date" and the odd ones quickly stand out.

This, and I have some conditions in place to make certain things stand out. But I am going to have to rethink how I handle things given I am implementing a practice management system--would really prefer to stop maintaining an Excel spreadsheet for tax clients, but I am not certain I will be able to stop...these odd deadlines definitely throw me off, such as 1041s.

I've always interpreted "one-off" as "unlikely to repeat or recur" and have used it in that context.

e.g. A one-off consulting engagement.

Return to Business Operations and Development