Billing Software

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Wandering what billing software everyone is using and need recommendation.

We are still using excel, each employee fills out an excel for each pay period. It's doable just very time consuming when doing client billing. I am not looking to upgrade to a practice management software just yet, althought that's the down the line. Right now just looking for a billing software to replace excel spreasheet.

thx in advance pros.

If you don’t mind being in the cloud, try TPS Software.

I use Timeslips by Sage. I have used this for years, as a one time purchase, for a little over $100 if I remember correctly. I think now, like everything else, there may be an annual renewal fee.

What do you use for your accounting? Any decent accounting system has time tracking capabilities...

JAD  
Timeslips. I upgraded in the last year that they sold a program instead of forcing people to subscribe.

thx all for the recomendation. i will take a look.

SumwunLost wrote:If you don’t mind being in the cloud, try TPS Software.

I talke to the rep today and review the website...this is also a practice managment system with billing capabilities. it's relatively cheap compare to the other ones i have researched. Sumwunlost, are you currently using this, how do you like it?

Seaside CPA wrote:I use Timeslips by Sage. I have used this for years, as a one time purchase, for a little over $100 if I remember correctly. I think now, like everything else, there may be an annual renewal fee.

JAD wrote:Timeslips. I upgraded in the last year that they sold a program instead of forcing people to subscribe.

Timeslip has gone to the annaul subscription model. But I like that it can import transaction to QB, acting as the AR module.

I use bill.com and it saves me a ton of time, especially with recurring invoices and the occasional late payer (it reminds them and is fully customizable).

But it works great with everything - not just recurring payments.

The software and set-up can be a little glitchy, but I give it 4/5 stars.

Eric, I am sort of using TPS at the moment. I’m using it to keep track of one-off work as a test run before going live in full next year. It’s almost really good.

The one issue I have with it is reserving time. For instance, I prepare a bill in advance of the client meeting to sign the return. There is no simple way to write off that time. There is a workaround which involves going back into the bill after the time had been posted. If you go with TPS, I’d be happy to share the text of emails that discussed that point at length.

I find the practice management side unwieldy. I use File in Time from Time Value Software to track work progress.

SumwunLost wrote:I find the practice management side unwieldy. I use File in Time from Time Value Software to track work progress.

I signed up for TPS. It has both practice managment and invoice and the price is really reasonable compare to the others (Intuit, Clarity, etc). I never use any software before....so this is going to be a major step forward.

Thx for all your comments and advice.

Return to Business Operations and Development