QB Pro Advisor version has become a nightmare

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
My 2021 Pro Advisor (Accountant's Version) has become a PIA. It wants to update and won't let me do anything until I say it can, then at the end it tells me that a file is missing (quickbooks.msi), and reverses itself then gives me three or four more error message numbers. It looks like I'm going to have to do a clean install of my QB Pro Advisor, which was downloaded from the internet. How do I get my license number etc, so I can re-install after I have uninstalled? I have a Co. ID which is a ton of numbers and I have an Order confirmation on an email from when the program was purchased. I don't want to uninstall anything until I know I can re-install.

TaxCut  
I use QB Enterprise version. I log into my Intuit account and get the license number there. I just copy and paste after that.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Can't repair the installer file and can't uninstall the program. I'm locked out of the program and so angry

It took literally all day and about an hour and a half on the phone with tech support (who did not solve the problem, but gave up and said something is wrong with my computer), but I did finally find the problem. My 2021 data file was missing two files that were needed to complete the update, the files were in the PConfig file and once I cut and pasted those files from a previous year, the update completed and I'm able to get into the program now. Wish I could bill someone for seven or eight hours of time.

camps.intuit.com is where you will find your download and license information, FYI. Log in with the Intuit account connected to your ProAdvisor account.

I've had similar issues occur where somehow random but required files disappeared. It is occasionally simpler to just restore from a backup and redo a bit of work.

JR1  
I had the same thing happen two months back, spent 6 or 8 hours on with tech support, and ended up discovering what you did, well, I discovered it...she didn't....and after deleting the missing file info for a few of them, I was finally able to uninstall and start over. Exasperating. Now, every time I go to open it....I'm like, now what...?
Go Blackhawks! Go Pack Go!
Remembering our son, Ben Jan 22, 1992 to Aug 26, 2011.
For FB'ers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BenRoberts/

I have the same feeling sometimes with QB, JR. Intuit is just getting too arrogant and when things go wrong it's not easy to use their tech support. The lady on the line was trying to be helpful, but it was obvious she didn't know all that much about the program. In the end, they gave up and said something was wrong with my computer or it was a Microsoft issue and I needed to call either my tech guy or Microsoft. Has anyone ever even tried to get a number for Microsoft that had a person's voice attached to it?

Return to Business Operations and Development