AccountantsWorld Payroll Relief

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Does anyone have experience with Payroll Relief?
I am considering it for my payroll service. They have been in business for awhile and pricing is good.
Would like to hear about general experience - is it a reliable payroll platform, customer service is good?
Thank you!

JR1  
Bought, doing online training today. Cost is 1/3 of what I was paying....so like getting a new client!

You do have to set up each client, but then can import employee info.
Go Blackhawks! Go Pack Go!
Remembering our son, Ben Jan 22, 1992 to Aug 26, 2011.
For FB'ers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BenRoberts/

JR1  
And now, after 2nd training....need to explore others. This conversion is so much work....thanks, Intuit. A-holes.

JR1 wrote:And now, after 2nd training....need to explore others. This conversion is so much work....thanks, Intuit. A-holes.

Are you not happy with the product, or just overall unhappy with being forced to convert?

Painful setup is OK - it's just one-time thing. I can deal with that. My main concern is general reliability: taxes calculated correctly and paid on time, returns timely filed. I was hoping to hear from people who have used it for at least a year. The user interface takes some effort to get used to, but is generally OK and workable (once you get used to it). Pricing is the best I have found so far. Other payroll platforms don't leave much profit for you on the table. There are some negative reviews out there, but considering the low number of total reviews, it may not be significant.

JR1  
Tax Man: BOTH! lol....hating Intuit for making me do this....and can't get ANY answers from them on two different chat lines about when it's happening nor the cost structure.

Yeah, Check, I agree the whole set up is one time and getting used to interface is just that, too....but I can't even get my bank acct to mesh yet...very frustrating. Fortunately, the upfront fee is refundable...

On to Patriot now for look see.

TaxCut  
I've used it. Liked the product not so much the support. It's very easy to use and convenient once set up. The client can process their own payroll and print their own payroll checks on regular blank check stock right from their own printer.

Or just email them a pdf of the checks if you process for them.

I stopped doing payroll a few years ago so I don't know if things have changed much.

Just be wary that your are ultimately responsible if client bounces EFT payments. Know your client!

Thanks for input, TaxCut!
Did you have any quality/reliability issues while using it?
I am fully set up with one client, but I don't think I will be using it. I like the general idea behind their product -- to service exclusively accounting professionals for a reasonable fee which allows for us to offer a payroll service that is actually profitable, not just marginally so, without competing with us by selling retail as well. I have gone through somewhat painful setup process where I had to discover some things on my own despite the training videos and multiple sessions with tech support. I have learned my way around their funky and outdated UI, which is workable once you get used to it. But in the end, I get the feeling it is not reliable enough. Their own user forum is replete with recent complaints about technical glitches, taxes not calculating correctly, late payments, absent tech support, etc.

Some of those issues could be mitigated if the software would provide me with more control. For example, if I could set the date of tax withdrawals, I could set them to a date well before the deadline and then make sure they get paid on time and raise an issue with tech support if they don't (I did not have any issues with reaching tech support). But since they withdraw right by the deadline automatically, it leaves no room for corrective action if something goes wrong.

TaxCut  
Checklist wrote:Did you have any quality/reliability issues while using it?

I can't say I did.

It worked well except for clients not having funds available when due and dealing with that. That's why I canceled.

Return to Business Operations and Development