Automation

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I finished setting up 1040 automations in TaxDome...good grief, while the initial set up took a lot of time, it was one click to send out all engagement contracts (I have two) and questionnaires to all 1040 clients. It took less than 3 minutes. It used to take me a few days to get everything sent out, even when I had consolidated things into a DocuSign document.

Now to finish building out pipelines and automations for business entities. They're largely the same stages, so I just need to actually get my butt to complete the engagement letters and questionnaires.

Really wondering why I did not do this sooner!

I'm more likely than not at this point to begin to transition to Tax Dome later this year.

The automation alone will save me a lot of Dec/Jan admin time so far based on what I've seen. And it will consolidate practice management vs my current setup.

How would you rate it on a scale of 10 so far? What do you like most? What are pain points or things you wish were different?

I am pushing for TD to do a true two-way integration with common accounting software, which is its largest weakness at the moment. Their invoicing and payment system via CPACharge sucks and is a one-way "sync" to QBO. I want TD to pull invoice payment status from QBO and allow me to lock documents for viewing by a client until the invoice is paid, which CAN be done if you use TD's invoice function.

The automations are great, and TD is pretty good about promptly responding to issues, bugs, etc. They are constantly improving the software and while that is good, it also creates issues elsewhere--you know, modify programming for one thing breaks programming for something else. Overall, I am rather happy with TD and am glad I chose it over the competition, though I have it in my mind the price will increase significantly within 24 months with everything they are doing.

I have two bugs right now. One is with the TaxDome Desktop App on Windows 10 Pro PCs, and the other is the TD Client Mobile App scanner function is...nonfunctional. I am awaiting resolutions to these two issues at the moment.

Return to Business Operations and Development