Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Engagement letter for IRS audit rep
Post a reply

19-Jan-2022 5:06pm

Does anyone use an engagement letter for IRS audits?
Any wording you would like to share?

19-Jan-2022 6:47pm

Your profile says you're a CPA. Are you a member of the tax section?

There is an audit rep engagement letter template in the resources section for tax section members.

19-Jan-2022 7:09pm

Also check with your professional liability carrier.
My engagement letters usually combine elements of both.

20-Jan-2022 11:05am

I am not yet a member of the tax section, but it's on my list of things to get.

I know my AON insurance offers letters, I just figured I would check here first to see if anyone had a simple sample.

Thanks for the responses.

21-Jan-2022 8:13am

Make it simple, send an email stating, "I agree to pay $300 per/hour for your services, 10-hours in advance ($3,000)
non-refundable retainer to be replenished as needed."
To retain me send a reply email agreeing to the above terms and send the deposit to my Bank.

21-Jan-2022 8:21am

novacpa wrote:Make it simple, send an email stating, "I agree to pay $300 per/hour for your services, 10-hours in advance ($3,000)
To retain me send a reply email agreeing to the above terms and send the deposit to my Bank.

I respectfully disagree. It's dangerous to issue an "open" engagement letter for all services. i.e. One without a narrowly and precisely stated scope.

21-Jan-2022 1:13pm

ManVsTax wrote:
novacpa wrote:Make it simple, send an email stating, "I agree to pay $300 per/hour for your services, 10-hours in advance ($3,000)

I respectfully disagree. It's dangerous to issue an "open" engagement letter for all services. i.e. One without a narrowly and precisely stated scope.

I respectfully disagree with your point of view. Open is fine - Open is simple - too narrow ruins any change
of getting the engagement, and is a time waster.
Post a reply