Sharefile and RightSignature

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I have had a cheap Sharefile plan for almost three years. It costs me less than $120 per year. I use it for nothing more than file sharing. A few days ago, a link appeared on my Sharefile dashboard called "Signature." I was intrigued and clicked the link. It seems it is to RightSignature. I tried to call Citrix, which was really dumb of me at this time of year, as now they think I want to cancel.

Has anyone else had the Signature link suddenly appear in Sharefile and have you managed to find out what the deal is? I swear I did nothing to activate it. I just logged on one morning and it was there.

Yes. It just allows you to hop over to RightSignature without logging in separately or finding a previously sent doc and clicking the pen icon.

Really convenient and long overdue for a company like Citrix.

Can you send docs for esignature with RightSignature at your subscription level? Or does it ask you to sign up if you try?

I pay a lot more than you do for the convenience of having RightSignature. (need KBA)

I’ve managed to get a semi-coherent reply from Citrix since I posted. This is linked to a plan that costs $12 per month. I asked about KBA but I am pretty sure I know the answer. When the absolute minimum elsewhere is $1 per signature, they are not going to offer KBA for $12 per month. Are they?

Just to be clear, you'd get ShareFile with unlimited RightSignature esigns and KBA for $120/yr plus $12/month?

That doesn't sound right. But I'd be very interested in knowing if that is correct.

I just switched to Encyro. It’s awesome. About $120 a year for file sharing and DocuSign. It’s made my life more efficient. .

You’re right ManVsTax. It doesn’t sound right, but I thought it worth a few minutes to ask. The worst they can say is “No.” I will report back when I hear anything.

Southpark, does that get you KBA?

SumwunLost wrote:You’re right ManVsTax. It doesn’t sound right, but I thought it worth a few minutes to ask. The worst they can say is “No.” I will report back when I hear anything.

Southpark, does that get you KBA?

I can't dictate all the features BUT it is used by Banks , CPA's etc. Worth a look.

Response from Citrix. $12 plan is now $15 and $60 is now $75. $12 plan does not include KBA but $75 one does.

I may just move to Drake Portals after tax season.

Unlimited e-sign is included free with an Adobe Acrobat subscription, something I assume most everyone already has.

I've been using it for the last ten years or so since it first came out.

I know it isn't integrated into my Proseries, and requires an extra step, but it's better than paying $3 each. It may be cheaper time wise, but I find once you start using anything on Intuit, they suck you in and keep raising the fees, so I prefer to have other options.

Adobe e-sign is now integrated into Outlook, with mixed results.

Since no one else mentioned it, am I not supposed to be using it for some reason? I password protect everything, and my clients love it.

Tangled Web, how does Adobe deal with KBA? My understanding is that it isn't acceptable for singing an 8879 etc.

As it happens, I have what some may call an irrational dislike of companies whose advertising is better than their product and I include Adobe in that. I use Foxit Phantom for my PDF editor on my windows machine and PDF Expert for my Macs.

I don't know how it deals with KBA, but it is used by a lot of attorneys, banks and insurance agencies.

I know all my clients personally, and they have already gone through an authentication process during the engagement process and again to retrieve their tax returns, so authenticating their signature is the least of my problems. The signature request is always sent encrypted.

I have never, ever had anyone from a client, banker or an auditor request a copy of Form 8879 in any format, and I think since Covid these e-sign regulations have been relaxed somewhat. The absolute LAST thing I want to do is to make this final step difficult for my clients.

I suppose at some point it could come back to bite me, but until then it is the simplest and most cost effective method.

I trust an e-signed document more that one that has been wet signed and mailed back to me, usually with an indecipherable signature.

When I send a document for Mr. "John Smith" through Right Signature KBA, how does it know which John Smith I'm referring to? There's got to be thousands of individuals with identical names. Does it ask them for the last 4 digits of their SS# or something?

Also:

Identity verification must be completed every time a taxpayer electronically signs Form 8878 or 8879, with two exceptions. If a taxpayer e-signs the form in the physical presence of the ERO, and the taxpayer has a multi-year business relationship with the ERO, then no further identity verification is needed. A multi-year business relationship is one in which the ERO has originated tax returns for the taxpayer for a prior tax year and has identified the taxpayer using the identity verification process.

This is hard for me to read.

Does this mean AND or OR?
Last edited by ItDepends on 30-Mar-2022 9:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

ItDepends wrote:Does it ask them for the last 4 digits of their SS# or something?

Yes, they enter in their address and the last four of their SSN.

Return to Business Operations and Development