Paycheck vs ADP

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Also, ADP never got back to me. Must of fallen through the cracks.

ADP didn’t get back to me either. Went with Gusto.

jefffou  
Thanks guys.

We're considering moving about half of our payroll clients, so customer service is the primary consideration for us. Definitely don't want to get tied too deeply into one of these companies only to be dissatisfied months later and have to repeat the process all over again.

Thanks again.

jon  
We have had Gusto on one client for years processing to the employees is fantastic, as employees are required to set up information on Gusto. The problem has been Gusto's payment of MN Unemployment - MN fortunately paid a refund to us, but it made no sense.

CP Hay  
I am all for giving the little guy a chance but when it comes to payroll the most reliable company and best customer service will get my dollar. I don’t have any experience with Gusto but I’m surprised so many people are willing to go with them. Gusto has an estimated $300M-$400M annual revenue while ADP and Paychex have $14.6B and $4.6B respectively. I wonder what the chances are of Gusto ever going under. Payroll is so sacred that even a slight risk of a smaller company folding would scare me away.

jon  
I have really gotten out of payroll processing. I was charging too much and was not going to come down. Paychex has been a nightmare for one multi-state client I told I was done doing. Still trying for a refund where they amended a W-2 gave us the copy in March and we filed. Federal said they never received an amended, Paychex seven months later says OK we filed it, federal says no.

I am in Minnesota about five years ago a group for Paychex came from their national office and said they were here to clear up problems and apologized for problems!!!

Two clients who found GUSTO on their own has worked out well.

I chose to go with Paylocity.
A client of mine was really impressed with them during COVID. They apparently pushed out guidance on the family leave credits up front whole most other providers were still trying to figure out how to qualify. They were ahead of most on ERC too.
Won't start up until next month
~Captcook

Previous

Return to Business Operations and Development