Recommend a postage meter

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Is it true I can only rent a postage meter because they are regulated by US Postal Service?

Can you recommend a postal service? What machine? What price?

There is also stamps.com. That has a monthly fee but you get a break on the postage. I work out of a Regus office and that is what they have at the front desk.

smtcpa  
We have been using stamps.com forever.

Joan TB  
Postage on certain items is cheaper via meter than stamps. Example, first class (<1.0 oz) is 58 cents with a stamp, 53 cents via the postage meter. Ditto for 2.0 ounce mail (78 cents via stamp vs 73 cents with meter).

I personally really love the convenience of having the meter. We can download money to the meter online.

However, be careful about certified mail via only the meter (or only stamps.com) without getting the USPS postmark on the receipt, which PROVES when the USPS receives the item. There can be question for the timely-mailed, timely-filed rule when using stamps.com and the like without getting the actual postmark from the USPS.

I didn’t realize it was cheaper! Thank you for all your responses, it really helps

Long time stamps.com user. Like it a lot. Agree about getting anything certified stamped at the post office. Also, you need the cheaper stamp price to pay for the special stamp paper. It’s probably a wash, but I try and buy the paper in bulk to maximize the savings.

More advice I will definitely take, thank you i

Return to Business Operations and Development