Another QBO Price Increase

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hello all!

I'm highly considering moving all my monthly accounts to desktop after Inuit's price hike email from last week. $27.5 (accountant's discount for essentials) a month to be able to pull comparative financials seems pretty high. Most of my clients pay 300-500 a month for my bookkeeping services so the continued increases to QBO has been seriously considering moving back to desktop, especially for my clients who don't invoice or even look at the QBO.

Any other opinions?

I use QB Desktop for most of my clients as I have found that the majority do not even look at their books if they are on a cloud-based platform. For clients that do want access, I typically use Xero Cashbook which is $7 per month. You can get that subscription level if you contact a Xero Partner Advisor. It's not perfect but I actually like it better than QBO, the bank feeds are good, and it sure beats QBO pricing.

I'm moving all of my firm-billed QBO clients to client-billed for 2023. I am not footing it anymore, even if the client has paid me because it is a PITA with the constant price increases. I would use QBD, but it is not convenient anymore for anyone. I only use QBD for payroll or work papers the client never sees.

Return to Business Operations and Development