Advanced Trust CPE Recommendations

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
TheGrog  
I'm not entirely sure this should go here instead of in one of the other subforums, but it seemed most appropriate here.

From this board and from the reddit I've learned that there are a lot of trust designs that I don't have any experience with and know little about. My employer may never actually see any charitable remainder trusts, GRATs, defective grantor trusts, and others but I'd like to take some CPE on taxation & administration for them.

My usual CPE provider hardly has any trust courses beyond the very basics, so I wanted to ask for recommendations. We see a fair number of trusts but almost all of them are just holding assets for somebody else's health & welfare or until a certain age.

In order of what I do:

1. BNA portfolios. Does your company have access to Westlaw or another provider? If so, see the BNA portfolios.

2. Google by name of trust type.Usually, you can get a lot of detail by just googling the name of the trust type.

3. Google what irs has.
Last edited by Treetopclimes on 15-Jun-2022 1:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGrog  
The only provider we really use is Thompson Reuters, and while they have plenty of information for research it isn't really structured in the 'this kind of trust is called X, done for Y purposes, and broken by doing Z'.

Some of this came from posts on the taxation board, and some from a client that is the beneficiary of a new see-through IRA trust. So far as I can tell, see-through trusts are basically useless ever since the SECURE act since you have to empty the IRA in 10 years anyway.

Return to Business Operations and Development