IRS RANT

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
eze  
I call the e-services help line because there is nowhere that I can see to update my address. It's states hold time is 7 to 8 minutes, OK cool......I hung up after 45 minutes.

While I'm on hold, I trying to update to the new ID.me login. It doesn't work. It's a disaster. Nothing works with this agency....everything is garbage. But if they can get it to work....you can use your WIC card as ID verification.

End of rant.

ATSMAN  
Welcome to the new America post COVID :cry:
Now you know why many of our colleagues chose early retirement. The stress is not worth it!

eze  
ATSMAN, it's going to get interesting. Seasoned professionals checking out of the tax industry.....$80 million in funding for "fresh talent" at the IRS.

I have no clue what 80 BILL does to irs operations , I hope it makes the online login stuff work better.

A small fraction of the $80 billion will go to taxpayer services. The bulk is going to compliance.

The IRS seems to be moving toward automated menus and robo assistants, for better or for worse.

ManVsTax wrote:A small fraction of the $80 billion will go to taxpayer services. The bulk is going to compliance.

The IRS seems to be moving toward automated menus and robo assistants, for better or for worse.

We need a new IRS Commissioner before this money gets budgeted

Return to Business Operations and Development