Quality of Tax Software Tech Support0

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Go System Tech support competence/experience has dropped like a rock after April 15th. I first thought it was the normal post April 15th time off based on seniority. But it's gotten worse.

Wait time etc is fine.

Tech support is crucial for Go System because unlike UltraTax or Profx, Go System documentation is awful.

I'm guessing they lost many of their most experienced support people in the Great Job Change of 2022?

Drake has also gone downhill in the past 12-18 months.

Wait times are still relatively good, but I feel like the reps I've been getting during this time period are much less experienced than the ones prior.

I've had to paper file a couple of returns due to diagnostics we couldn't figure out how to clear.

same here w GST

Lin-CPA  
I agree that Drake Tax customer service is going downhill fast! It is clear that most of their customer service reps are reading from an online manual and have no idea how to help you. I typically allow them to work through their screens and end up figuring a work around myself. I say thanks, but no thanks because they are wasting my time…

I hate to make another switch, but would consider it if there were something easy to transition to in the same cost range. I just hate changing everything over. It exhausts me just thinking about it!!

GoSystems is a god awful software in so many ways. Their main competitor is CCH Axcess and my theory is that any good programers, tech support, etc. move to Axcess because you are supporting a much better platform. CCH Axcess tech support is fantastic.

I've used both softwares for over 5 years each and actually using both right now, and I question why anyone is still on Gosystems, unless you prepare consolidated C-Corporations.

It doesn't surprise me to see that Drake's customer service is going downhill with its sale to private equity.

A sad statement for the times, but it is what it is.

JR1  
What is this tech support you speak of? (I use Intuit....which weekly robs me of another few hours on chat 'support', often for nothing.)

Thx for asking................................................................. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Go Blackhawks! Go Pack Go!
Remembering our son, Ben Jan 22, 1992 to Aug 26, 2011.
For FB'ers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BenRoberts/

ShawnE  
JR1 wrote:What is this tech support you speak of? (I use Intuit....which weekly robs me of another few hours on chat 'support', often for nothing.)

Thx for asking................................................................. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use Drake - I've not had a horrible experience. The few times I've called this year they answer immediately, and mostly help work through the issue. Once they did not seem to know the answer, but put me on hold and checked. I do agree though, not as stellar as it has been.

JR - I will NEVER go back to Proseries because of the tech support and because of the cost / bait /switch/ licensing scam.

Return to Business Operations and Development