Parker tax pro library

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I received marketing material from Parker tax pro library with extra long subscription promotion
Has anyone used their service? Is it worth the money?
Thank you!

JAD  
Parker is super inexpensive, so I continue to subscribe. The emailed updates are useful. But be very careful. I have found mistakes in their source materials. I have this tiny practice, so it is insane that I would stumble across at least a couple of referencing errors in the regs. What blew my mind was when I was looking something up in Sec 213. They had not updated the code section for some important changes from the CARES Act, which had passed almost a year prior. I was aware of the issue, thank goodness. If I had not known, I would have believed what I read in Parker. So I never rely upon it for source materials. It is a starting point only. I go here for the Code and Regs

https://www.taxnotes.com/research/federal

I have Parker and The Tax Book. I feel that, between them, I get what I need. I opened the Master Tax Guide for the first time this year last week.

I use Parker as a starting point and verify against relevant code sections and in Master Tax Guide. I also use The Tax Book. They all serve a purpose and I feel I have pretty decent tax research options to set me on the right path when a question arises.

I also subscribe to Bradford Tax Institute for tax concepts I may not be aware of or fully considered. Again, I read what he has to say and compare it to the actual tax code for verification. I think he stretches code and Court cases at times to fit the argument he wants to make.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

We used to use Parker. We recently switched to the Tax Book. I prefer the Tax Book, but only slightly. My issue with all of them is their mediocre search engine capabilities. I generally have to do a google search to find the right combination of buzz words to make either Parker or the Tax Book find what I am looking for.

smtcpa  
I've used Parker a few times in the past and never liked it. Now I have TaxBook and RIA Checkpoint (which has dramatically different price point, unfortunately).

JAD wrote:Parker is super inexpensive, so I continue to subscribe. The emailed updates are useful. But be very careful. I have found mistakes in their source materials. I have this tiny practice, so it is insane that I would stumble across at least a couple of referencing errors in the regs. What blew my mind was when I was looking something up in Sec 213. They had not updated the code section for some important changes from the CARES Act, which had passed almost a year prior. I was aware of the issue, thank goodness. If I had not known, I would have believed what I read in Parker. So I never rely upon it for source materials. It is a starting point only. I go here for the Code and Regs

https://www.taxnotes.com/research/federal

Do you have a subscription to tax notes???? Difficult to see the pricing, seems they dont put pricing on the site.

Return to Business Operations and Development