Simple SMLLC Articles

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Gjkycpa  
Our policy for 20-30 years has been to advise clients to have an Attorney prepare Articles of Organization/Incorporation for a new business and we continue with that. I see so many people file their own online and never seem to see any repercussions.
Our fee to "Turnkey" this procedure is generally $500. Clients can do it for $40 plus their time. For Simple Small SMLLC's that is very appealing. How are most of you guys/gals doing that now?

Thanks

sjrcpa  
I advise getting an attorney.
I tell them they can do it themselves online, too.

I tell clients that operating/partnership/corporate agreements are a must for arms-length partnerships, S Corps and C Corps, and refer them to different attorneys that I work with.

For SMLLCs, I tell clients that operating agreements aren't required, but may help distinguish the entity from the taxpayer. That it's ultimately a legal and asset protection matter. I also refer the client to an attorney if they feel like they want an operating agreement.

An attorney really isn't needed to file the Articles of Organization/Incorporation in my state unless the client wants to keep their name off the org docs. It only takes around 15 minutes of time and can be done online.

Return to Business Operations and Development