Electronic Signature for 2553

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I have a handful of 2553 forms on my queue to prepare, and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution.

I fear that the IRS will reject forms sent in with electronic signatures, especially those who use a default "font" when they sign.

Do you require that your clients "pass around" (via mail, etc) a physicals 2553 form to each shareholder so they can each wet sign it?

Or perhaps they can hand sign and then scan?

How do you do it?

I don’t think the IRS permits an electronic signature on F2553.

IRS does NOT accept e-signature on 2553's. Back during Covid I was working at a firm and several of the clients that we sent to sign this electronically were sent back rejection letters.

What do you think is a good solution for multiple shareholders in different locations?

Hand signing and then scanning is acceptable, correct?

So should SH1 print, hand sign, scan, and send to SH2, who prints, signs, scans, and sends to SH3, etc?

After all of these scans and faxes, I suspect the scans will start looking pretty garbled.

Mail it around via snail mail from one SH to the next?

What do you do?

I snail mail it around or have multiple copies submitted in the same package.
~Captcook

This is one form not to mess around with. Snail mail it and provide a postage paid envelope if you they live far from each other.

sjrcpa  
I provide multiple copies if shareholders are in different places. They get returned to me and I mail them all in as one submission.

Return to Business Operations and Development