Do you use CFS Tax Tools/W-4 Calculator?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
irc162  
Account Deactivated
I have been using CFS Tax Tools and W-4 Calculator for years. This year, the W-4 calculator has been changed from a standalone product to part of a CFS "tool box". When I downloaded/ installed the tool box software and then tried to open it, the software froze. Both Windows security software and Malwarebytes then issued warnings that the toolbox software contained a Trojan and was a serious threat. I uninstalled the tool box software and allowed the security software to do a cleaning.

I tried installing the software again on a old "junk" computer with the same result. The program was flagged by secuirty sofwtware.

On the CFS support website, they address this issue, saying that if the program freezes, I should just add an exception to the security software. With two separate security software packages labeling the thing as a threat, I am not comfortable doing that. Has anyone else had this issue? I phoned CFS Tech Support and the rep said that this was the first report of security warnings in relation to the toolbox software. I thought that was suprising given the note on the support page.

The Tax Tools program is still a standalone program and there appear to be no issues.

I am wondering if anyone else uses CFS products and has encountered this problem.

Return to Business Operations and Development