QB Pro Advisor question

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I'm just wondering if there is a way to share my accountants/Pro Advisor program with clients. I thought that when I was signing up for the Pro Advisor program there was something that indicated I could be the one providing the program to clients. The reason I'm asking is that I have a couple of clients who, like me, are mostly winding down their businesses, but will continue at a reduced level for a few more years. Both of them are using desktop version 2021 and will need to upgrade their programs later this year at a cost of roughly $800! I'm thinking that, from what I've heard, when I renew in the summer, I'm going to be dinged for about $1100. If we can spread that cost around, it would be better for all of us. I'm just not sure it's possible.

I'm not following your question, perhaps because I didn't sleep last night. Are you talking about charging clients for hosting a data file under your QBD license? Or handing your your QBD license to clients? That violates the terms of the program.

You could move them to QBO and then you have a couple of options, such as firm-billed at a discount and then you can charge the client, or you can have client-billed and they receive a discount for X number of months. Third option is revenue share.

Thanks Cornerstone. I had already thought of QBO but I really want to stay away from it. It seems that when I was discussing signing up for the Pro Advisor program there was something about being able to share the program and not violate the rules of using it. I could be completely wrong on the issue. It was a couple of years ago and I was really angry that the price of the payroll subscription had increased so much. Coming down from that anger, I might have "heard" anything that made me feel better. I'm just trying to figure out the most cost effective road for these two clients now. One needs to be able to accept credit cards within the program, the other is a lot simpler and may be able to just continue with 2021 even though it would no longer be supported by Intuit.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this to you before, but have you looked at AccountEdge? Pricing might be more palatable and it has a reasonable resemblance to QuickBooks.

There is a limited number of installations allowed with a license before Intuit halts activations and requires you to call in for an activation code. This is partly how they manage sharing of licenses. I've had to tell them PC names that needed to be removed from prior activations, such as when we had fully replaced all technology.

Return to Business Operations and Development