Thomson Reuters authenticator app

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
anyone succeed in adding their proprietary authenticator app to a second (backup) phone or ipad, such that if you lose or break you main device, you can authenticate via the second device without restoring to it?

TR tells me no and that the emerg codes are only good for 24 hours.

That's a catch22 because if it's the admin who lost/broke their phone, they wont be able to get into the TR site to get new codes.

That's when you have to call the TR afterhours emerg number.

I'm reasonably certain there is a one time recovery code you get when you first set things up.
Either way, all you need is a second phone that the SIM card works in. Put the SIM card in the new phone and it should work just like the first.
~Captcook

lenraphael wrote:anyone succeed in adding their proprietary authenticator app to a second (backup) phone or ipad, such that if you lose or break you main device, you can authenticate via the second device without restoring to it?

TR tells me no and that the emerg codes are only good for 24 hours.

Their response to your question doesn't make sense. Either something is getting lost in translation or the TR rep doesn't understand what you're asking.

If you use the Authy authenticator app, it can sync the vault across multiple devices. If one fails, you use the second device like nothing happened. Emergency codes don't even factor into the equation in this situation.

You technically don't need sync across multiple devices as long as you're backing up the vault appropriately. Sure, sync is faster but it also has its cons.

Return to Business Operations and Development