QBO 1099 process causing duplicate 1099s for client

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Anyone else using QBO to process 1099s, or heard of a potential duplicate filing going on?

One client sent me a 1099 from 3 entities, two came through fine, and the third came on another day, with 2 emails of the 1099 with all the same information. I have enough gross to absorb a double, so I am not worried personally.

I have another client with over 2000 1099s and that client now has a message in QB that they have a total of over 4000 1099s leading my client to believe they were sent twice. (It's impossible to send twice from QBO because once it's done the button is grayed out)

Client contacted QBO, who said there was nothing they could do, and referred them to tax1099.com, so it appears QBO subs out the 1099 efile process.

No one at tax1099.com to talk to on the phone, or even on the "live" chat.

I haven't received any 1099 email from that specific client, so I'm not sure how best to advise them.
QBO is recommending 1) try to file the 1099s through tax1099.com to preempt the double posting import from QBO and 2) to file amended 1099s to "correct" the double entry.
When client imports data into QBO it's mixing up the company name and personal name resulting in over 500 errors that are preventing any actions to be taken.

Anyone else hear of this?

tax1099 has gone downhill or the past year or two. I've found more than one grammatical error on pages of their website, like it's someone's first draft and there was no review.

Support is only available through email. That in and of itself is not a negative, but combined with everything else it makes me not want to use them or refer them to others. I have to wonder if they're hiring cheap overseas labor.

Good luck. Sounds like a mess. Sounds like QBO needs to refund some fees.

Return to Business Operations and Development