New York registration?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
ShawnE  
Hi
I have a new client that moved here from NY. Has a bit left of NY income and will need a state tax return for this year.

BUT - I'm seeing a requirement for me to be registered? I know in some states if you prepare more then blah blah blah or you are located in the state (of course) you have to register/test whatever.

But for one PY tax return??

If you're an EA, use NY PYTPRIN exclusion code 07. You don't have to register with NY.

ShawnE  
ManVsTax wrote:If you're an EA, use NY PYTPRIN exclusion code 07. You don't have to register with NY.

Thanks!
That is what I thought. But I'm not finding where I do that in Drake. Or if it is in there at all.

Setup > Preparer(s). Select yourself. Click "Edit Preparer". Click the button under "State Registration Numbers". Enter "07" next to NY. Click ok to exit. Click save.

Now whenever you're selected as the paid preparer in a return file it will autofill the exclusion code on the NYS return wherever required.

ShawnE  
ManVsTax wrote:Setup > Preparer(s). Select yourself. Click "Edit Preparer". Click the button under "State Registration Numbers". Enter "07" next to NY. Click ok to exit. Click save.

Now whenever you're selected as the paid preparer in a return file it will autofill the exclusion code on the NYS return wherever required.

SWEET - thanks!!!

You know you rock right?? :D

CathysTaxes  
NY will let you get by with less than ten returns. I have one client who is non resident for NY. I'm not an EA or CPA.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

ShawnE  
CathysTaxes wrote:NY will let you get by with less than ten returns. I have one client who is non resident for NY. I'm not an EA or CPA.

Think that might be most states that require registration. I'm doing 2. final year
yeah!

THANKS

Return to Business Operations and Development