QBO Payroll Reminders

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I have a few clients that use QBO for payroll, and my inbox is getting hit with multiple emails every week, first the reminders, then the confirmations that payroll was ran, etc etc.
I tried to go in and change the settings, and I tried to have the client go in and change the settings.
I don't want to disable the reminders completely, as I believe they are useful to the client (assumption).

Anyone having this experience, and figured out how to stop the emails?

smtcpa  
I usually set up a rule to route things I don't want in my Inbox to another folder or to automatically delete it.

These, too, are rather annoying for me.
I haven't researched how to stop them, but it's on the list.
~Captcook

To shortcut your research.
These are in the gear (settings) payroll section of QBO, and the reminders seem to be set to Client and Me in the settings, and when the client views this screen it shows as Admin (owner) and Me (bookkeeper).

The bookkeeper has no idea how to change this, and neither do I, except to turn off notifications.

I have not yet researched if clients have me listed as internal or external accountant, or if that designation (if it exists) would provide some relief from these messages.

I currently just delete them as they arise.
Inbox currently hovering around 100 unread messages, and I'm fighting like hell to keep it below 100.
I used unread messages and my reminder system, or to easily view emails that I need to address at a later time, and every couple weeks I sort by unread first, to see if there is anything I need to remember to address asap.

I ditched QBO's crappy payroll system over a year ago and I still receive reminders. Problem is I canceled the subscriptions for my clients but because my firm has QBOA, I still have it active on my account. It's "included" so I can't shut the module off.

I fianlly called QB support today, and the rep was able to remove my email from the client notifications, and ensured me the client will still receive all notifications.
I was up to around 25-30 emails a week between the payroll reminders, tax withdrawal notifications, payroll was ran successfully, etc.

Did support share how we can do this without them or are we required to call to get this done? I'm at a couple dozen weekly emails that hold no value for me at all.
~Captcook

They were not able to tell me how to do it myself.
I had to provide them with the EIN of each entity I wanted my notifications removed from.

If you are going to try this, give it a week or two to see if any of my clients experience fall out.

I notified them all of the change I had QBO make, and that I was guaranteed this would not impact their notifications at all.
If I don't post back, just shoot me a reminder PM or email.

Thanks! Good point. I appreciate that.
~Captcook

KoiCPA  
Yeah, I don't think you can do it yourself. In an earlier version of the preferences, you could remove yourself from particular categories of notifications, but it would give you a warning if the accountant user wasn't getting notification on at least one thing. The new version of the preferences give you no control at all.

This is Intuit's genius new strategy - if you can only get things done through tech support, clients will stop going to their accountants for help and Intuit can get serious about cutting us out entirely.

Already received two notifications this morning, for the same client, 5.46 and 8.45am.

We'll see over the next week how effective my call was.

smtcpa wrote:I usually set up a rule to route things I don't want in my Inbox to another folder or to automatically delete it.

This is what I did. And I do it for a lot of emails that aren’t critical but that I might to search through later.

3 more emails this morning.
Safe to say don't waste your time calling QuickBooks Support

A few weeks later, still receiving all of the same emails.
I have not counted to confirm it did not work for any of the clients I called about, but safe to say it was a waste of time on my end.

Thanks for the follow up. Disappointing for sure.
I got 9 emails this morning.
~Captcook

Return to Business Operations and Development