Software

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
tr7111  
We're getting ready to ditch our physical servers and try to move as much as possible to be web based/cloud based.

The one software we can't do without is Lacerte tax.

We've been trying to use intuit practice management and have been totally underwhelmed. Is firm 360 the way to go or should I wait for IPM to mature?

I use Lacerte hosted on a virtual server by Infinitely Virtual. I also contract my other IT services with TechGuru.
Firm 360 is my core doc management, proj mgmt, time & billing tool and I've been very pleased with it. I've worked at bigger firms with multiple tools to do what F360 does in one platform. It isn't perfectly built out in all respects, but it does everything I need in an all in one and reasonably priced platform. Their support is very responsive as well.
One of their representatives joked about hiring me as a salesperson. I really do like it that much. :)
~Captcook

smtcpa  
We're UltraTax users so I can't comment on Lacerte but we went the cloud-based route a few years ago and we have UT hosted on a server by Verito. Everything else is cloud-based and it works great,

I use a virtual server through Kamatera for Lacerte, QBD, etc. Works very well and I can have as many concurrent users as I am willing to pay for. Never had an outage (knock on wood).

Return to Business Operations and Development