Partner Retreat

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hi Tax Pros, I hope you are well. This will be the first year we do a partner retreat since I am new to having partners. There are 3 of us versus just me last year. I wanted to ask if you have done this before and any suggestions on what went well to speak about. Also, how long do you suggest a retreat (i.e. one day, three days, etc.). We are up to doing ours virtually (since one partner is in NC and we are in VA) or in person since our one teleworking partner can drive to our HQ. Thank you for any insight.

smtcpa  
I don't have partners but, if I did, I would never do it virtually, even if the other partner was in CA. You are so close, it's a no-brainer. Partners need to know each other, bond, learn each other's idiosyncrasies, and respect each other and I see no other way than in-person. Heck, I've thought of flying out to CO to have a retreat with my staff to better bond with them. I have found virtual is great for one-off quick meetings with staff but I feel like I need some in-person time with them too.

Partners would absolutely be in-person for planning purposes. Normal operating updates could be virtual. I've met ONE CPA I might consider partnering with at some point--fortunately, we will be in same state.

Staff--virtual, but I like to gather them on occasion for things not work related.

Return to Business Operations and Development