Tax client file transfers

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
philly  
What is an online service that you use to have tax clients transfer data to you online? Drop box?

Frankly  
Encyro.com . Straightforward, secure, inexpensive, no whiz-bang gizmo "features" of dubious value.

Encyro

KoiCPA  
I use securefirmportal.com, part of the web services I get from CPASiteSolutions.com. There's a way to send files without an account, but I set up accounts for all of my clients, and the only way I provide PDF copies of returns is through the portal.

A few clients will send links from their own One Driver, Drop Box, etc. or just send through plain email, but our portal is the only thing we encourage.

I have a few paths to receive secure files.
I use SafeSend to deliver my tax returns. That platform comes with SafeSend Exchange, the link for which I put in my email signature. There is no additional cost to that, file size is practically unlimited, and anyone can use it. Great for one-off files or new clients.
I also use SafeSend for their organizers, which has a secure link for document upload in that process.
Lastly, my practice management software provides a portal for each client through which they can upload files directly to the doc mgmt system there.
~Captcook

Return to Business Operations and Development