FIN CEN filings

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Is anyone using more than the BSA to file their FBAR forms?

http://bsaefiling.fincen.treas.gov/Enroll_Now.html

I stumbled across another method which seemed to be a for-pay system. Advantages? Disadvantages of either method.

I believe I file no more than 6 FBAR forms.

Joan TB  
Lacerte can now file Form 114 electronically as part of their efile.

Thanks, Joan. I see that my software can do so too!

lckent  
ProSystem files 114s, too. I've done a few. No problems.
CPA, Retired

Wiles  
I have a new client from overseas that needs to file 6 back years as part of the IRS "amnesty" program. Can I file these on paper or do they have to be sent electronically? Any ideas on how to do this?

Do I file the 114 for the prior years or do I use the applicable TDF form for each year?

I use Lacerte? Can I make 6 copies of my client. Input each separate year into 2013 Lacerte and transmit through Lacerte?

Joan TB  
According to Lacerte, you cannot efile prior years through the 2013 Lacerte program. You will have to use the BSA site. I believe that site also addresses how to file back years. If I remember correctly, you use the current year form but apply rules for that particular prior year. http://accountants.intuit.com/support/tax/lacerte/document.jsp?product=LACERTE_TAX&id=INF23726&inproduct=true&src=lscosi

Lizzit  
CCH ProSystemfx does as many years as you want to file. The only ones you can paperfile are ones that BSA won't accept. I had one client who was a US citizen without an SSN but at the time of filing was no longer a US citizen. Because he WAS a US citizen, he had to have an SSN for that timeframe. Because he was no longer a US citizen, he could only apply for an ITIN. The proramme couldn't handle something so wierd so I sent paper ones for that guy. There were two for trusts that couldn't be processed since it was confused as to whether an EIN or SSN was required. All the rest were e-filed under the new system through CCH.

Return to Business Operations and Development